Re: (ASCEND) Re: AppleTalk over PPP

>At 11:28 AM 5/7/97 +0000, Scott Kozicki wrote:
>>Can we get an official comment on when this will be implemented in Max
>>based products? It seems kinda silly to implement routing, but only
>>allow ARA dialup. There are several stacks available that implement
>>this, and it would be great if we could have them dial into the Max
>>directly instead of some other box.
>
>It is already implemented in the MAX etc. See the release notes on
>Appletalk routing on the FTP site....I don't recall since when, but
>it's in the latest releases....

Right. That's what I said... it's silly to implement routing without
implementing a way for dialup users to take advantage of it except through
ARA. There are several third party stacks out there that take advantage of
it, but all the RAS boxes are junk. Why not add support in the Max?

Scott Kozicki
<SKozicki@BlueStar.net>

 -----
"My old coach would've said 'that's great!
  now lets get up in the morning and practice.'"
 -- Sergei Fedorov, after scoring 5 goals in one game.