Re: (ASCEND) USR 1626?

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Darkshot wrote:

> Anyone heard of a USR 1626 v.34 modem? This one is in a new
> Toshiba computer and I can't get it to connect to our MAX- no error
> or cause code given: it just hangs up after sync. Never makes it
> past "call connected".
>
> Of course, the damned thing works fine with AOL. ;-)
>
> 'Shot

Depending on the number you dial for AOL, you may connect to a MAX 4004.
Try numbers that are listed as `AOLNET` - those are probably MAX 4004s.  I
work on the AOL dialup network here at BBN, so I can give you a specific
number if you want to test with those.

Neal Pitts
BBN Network Analyst
npitts@bbn.com || --this space for rent--