(ASCEND) MAX, Win95 PPP and callback: might not SLIP work?

OK, folks. I'm assuming that there is still a couple of you out there who
need to do modem callback on Windows 95 and --like me-- got stuck somewhere
between DUN(G) and AT&C0.

Now, we _have_ the tools to do SLIP and scripting in Win95, right? How
about using _SLIP_ with dialback, instead of PPP? After all, at the client
end, SLIP is _much_ more scriptable than PPP.

BUT: is SLIP callback at all possible with the MAX? It seems to involve
using the dreaded Terminal Server settings... (which are silly imho; slip
should just be a L2 encaps option...)

I've tried setting up a SLIP user in Radius with the callback attribute set
to yes, but I can't actually authenticate...  and the same happens when I
try to set up a SLIP/callback profile directly in the MAX. God knows I've
tried to flip most of the switches in the TS Options section... (Granted, I
am a MAX amateur.)

Any (MAX-experienced) co-experimenters out there?
Thanks
-Peter
pkleynjan@ixonet.nl