Re: (ASCEND) P50 in NT environment connecting every 12 minutes

Erik Bussink wrote:

> I've got a Ascend P50 in a small NT environment (3 machines), I notice
> that it will open the link every 12 minutes, and I can't determine
> exactly what opens this link. I guess it's some kind of broadcast
> send by one of the NT machines.

5.0 firmware has a new feature which will show you the data which caused
the connection to dial.  See the release notes for 5.0 on the Ascend web
site.  Of course, you will have to manually decode the LCP packets....
and you will have to upgrade to 5.0.  I've upgraded several of my P50's;
they've been working for several weeks now with no problems.

BTW, last fall I got from the Ascend web site a document "A Concise
Guide to LCP Decoding" .... and it seems to have disappeared now.  Does
anyone know where it went, or does anyone have an electronic copy?  All
I've got is one printout, and I find it to be quite useful and would
love to be able to store a copy on my laptop.  Why would they pull
useful info like this?