Re: (ASCEND) multiple accounting records

> We are seeing multiple accounting records showing up in the radius detail
> file which is throwing time calculations off the deep end......

We have a script, 700-800 lines perl, which tries to correlate
ascend syslog lines. It still cannot solve all mysteries.

> As you can see, multiple start/stop messages are being sent to the radius
> daemon.  There is no possible way for the user to have logged on/off
> repeatedly in the time frame given.  It sounds like LCP is opening and
> renegotiating the address, causing an accounting record to startup again.
>
> Any ideas?  I've upgraded to the latest radiusd from ftp.ascend.com and
> using 5.0Ap5

The previous MAX sw versions just started to mess the log under heavy load,
a user could have *really* logged out, and two hours after the
logout MAX could still send additional copies of these accounting
records.

The funniest thing with 5.0Ap5 is that it will also remember old and
deleted configuration settings:

We have a new experimental radius daemon, derived from the ascend
radiusd. We wanted one MAX to use this special daemon, and I first
added this special version as #1 and moved the normal version
as #2 at the radius server list.

It didn't work. When the MAX was rebooted it sent some garbage? to the #1
and then started to use #2.

I then removed #2 from the server list, and rebooted the MAX again. It again
sent something strange to #1, but after a radiusd restart *authentication*
started to work with #1.

The funny thing is, that MAX still sends *accounting* records to #2, though
#2 doesn't exist in the MAX configuration:

>Auth=RADIUS          ^x x Call Terminated    x x Software +5.0Ap5+  x
 x  Auth Host #1=128.214.38.195 x x           x x S/N: 6332958     vx
 x  Auth Host #2=0.0.0.0        x
 x  Auth Host #3=0.0.0.0        x

--
Vesa Halkka                       -O___/
University of Helsinki CC:         (  /   	 vhalkka@helsinki.fi