(ASCEND) Problem with CLID/CHAP-PAP and RADIUS

Hi Ascenders

  I've been searching around some info about the authentication using
CLID/PAP or CHAP. Since I wasn't able to get it working last week I'd
apreciate some info from guys that have it working.

  As far as I found the ID Auth options under MAXs 5.0 series work this
way:

   - Ignore   CLID isn't used
   - Require  only clid is used authentication. If CLID isn't available
              the call isn't answered (or is rejected?)
   - Prefer   If CLID is available it is used for authentication. If
              there is no profile with this CLID the call is rejected.
              If no CLID is available then normal PAP/CHAP takes place.
   - Fallback Don't know how it works

  My problem is the following: I wan't to have the MAX answer the call
if
CLID matches and bypass the PAP/CHAP auth. If is CLID presented but
there
is no matching profile then PAP/CHAP should be performed. What shall I
put in the MAXs configuration?

  And in the radius file? When I have CLID available and ID Auth=PREFER
I was never able do the authentication via CLID only. I always had to
have a user profile and a "clid number" profile to get authentication.
I'm using an old implementation of Ascend radius. This version was
modified just to have the radius reject calls from users that are
already
logged in some other MAXs. Does the new version of Ascend radius have
any modification regarding the CLID authentication?

  In sum, what I want is to do athentication via RADIUS in the following
order:
   - CLID
   - CHAP
   - PAP

  If someone has this combination working or can provide me a sample
radius
profile or some other clues I'd be very apreciated.

Thanks in advance,
--
Rui Bastos (rdb@pintobasto.pt)
Pinto Basto Electrotecnia e Maquinas