(ASCEND) PPTP question

Hi,
   1.  I have a product which is basically an internet access device.
     This has 8 ethernet ports and an ISDN port for its connection
    to the ISP. A full fledged PPP support is provided on it.
    Can I implement PPTP client on it so that the PC's (assuming
    they are IPX clients) could contact the remote office IPX n/w
    which has a NT server with PPTP server enabled on it??
    In short is LAN to LAN connectivity be achieved by establishing
    a single tunnel b/w the device and the NT server??

    2. Apart from the PPTP client s/w ,do I require any additional
    s/w or h/w added to it??

    3. What is a VPN device??? Is it just a s/w which initiates
    a control connection of the PPTP.
    Please do reply.
    Thanx,
    Anand.S