Re: (ASCEND) 5.0Apx problems...

Kevin Smith wrote:

> At 02:48 PM 5/18/97 -0400, Darkshot wrote:
> >One site- 5.0Ap5 loses DNS for some modems. Other site, 5.0Ap7 with
> >K56FLEX modems, does the same thing.
> >
> >Changing Win95's DNS from server-assigned to "Specify" and setting it
> >to 0.0.0.0 fixes it. Completely reproducable.
>
> Is this the DNS entry in DUN configuration, or the Network config ?

The DUN- we never use the Network config at all. By the way, this
problem has vanished. I don't know why.

What's happening now, is on both sites, you won't be authenticated if
you have the WIndows Post-Dial terminal screen enabled. Same for Win95.
We don't use the PD screen, but many users have it turned on from when
they were with other ISP's, and it will NOT let you log in until you
turn it off. I suspect that the upgrade changed something in the Maxens
authentication but I haven't found it yet.

Other than that, both sites are in their usual rock-steady form, and
we've already seen some 48-50Kbps connects on the FLEX-equipped PoP.

The new 5.0 level software has solved MANY slow connect problems that
were caused by marginal phone lines. I'm connected at 28.8 from home
now, and 24000 was the best I'd ever gotten before, out here in the
boonies. ;-)

Any ideas on this PD terminal problem?

'Shot