(ASCEND) K56Flex modems - NOT being shipped!?!

After filling out all forms for the K56Flex FREE Upgrade program,
I finally called the 1-888-FLEX-222 number today to find out why
we are still waiting for our shipment.

Apparently eventhough we filled out all forms correctly and we qualify,
our shipment is not going to be released until:

"Senior Management gives us the go ahead to start shipping. They are
still making decisions regarding this issue.  We are not shipping to
anyone at this time."

Furthermore, I illustrated my concern of not knowing a date since our
users are calling our phone lines asking when we are going 56K, and
I was told..

"Mr. Costa, you are not the only one calling about your shipment.  Infact,
we are starting to receive lots of these calls."

-- Does anyone know why Ascend is procrastinating the shipments to its
   customers?  Is there some unannounced problem?

- Shiloh Costa
  MDI Internet Inc.
  Technical Support

  Tel  : 604-602-9168