Re: (ASCEND) Newbie Radius Question.

Kevin Smith writes:
> At 08:32 AM 5/23/97 -0400, Craig Salmond wrote:

> >> Well if you just put the DEFAULT entry in the users file, it will go to
> >> the UNIX password file via the "login" daemon (that's right isn't it?).
> >
> >	So technically there is nothing wrong with a single entry in
> >Radius that has the Default/UNIX entry? Just to get started..
>
> No. As long as you put in there the parameters you want each user
> to inherit (like Framed-User etc.). They will obviously only be able
> to get dynamic-IP, or shell accounts.

Speaking of which:  In the RUBB, (ISP "Enabling SLIP and PPP sessions
from the terminal server")  You can allow "scripted login"
(text username, text password then PPP)  However, it says that this is
not applicable to RADIUS authentication.  I've gotten ALMOST to there
with radius: I can either use PAP/CHAP to get a PPP connection (no
problem) or I can put in username/password and get a terminal server
session.  BUT: once in that terminal server session ppp/slip/cslip all
return "no authorization"

How can I allow ppp from tserv in radius?  I have legacy connections that
use scripted login, and I had no problem making the terminal prompts
resemble my old tservers.

FWIW, my (currently minimal) DEFAULT is:

DEFAULT Password = "UNIX"
        Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 1

What did I miss? this should be possible, or there would be no
ppp/slip/cslip on the terminal server.

--Dan