Re: (ASCEND) Analog Multilink PPP and RAS

At 04:57 PM 5/22/97 -0500, Charlie Clemmer wrote:
>At 02:58 PM 5/22/97 -0400, j  wrote:
>>how can you do multilink with analog? i thought that Multilink was for
>>ISDN only ? how could you bind two analog channels together?
>
>With two analog phone lines? Multilink PPP does not specify ISDN only. One
>could use Multilink PPP to aggregate multiple T1 lines together, or
>multiple analog lines, or multiple ISDN B channels.

The specs allow you to bundle any _combination_ of link types too. I don't
know of *anyone* currently doing this though...

>Now, whether the vendor supports Multilink PPP on all of these interfaces
>is a different question.
>
>Charlie Clemmer
>Bay Networks
>++ Ascend Users Mailing List ++
>To unsubscribe:	send unsubscribe to ascend-users-request@bungi.com
>To get FAQ'd:	<http://www.shore.net/~dreaming/ascend-faq>
>or		<ftp://ftp.shore.net/members/dreaming/ascend-faq.txt>

Kevin Smith                              Updated Service and Support
Ascend Communications                    Resources are now at:
                                         http://www.ascend.com/service