Re: (ASCEND) ISDN SPIDs and area code changes

>>> Are there "permissive SPIDs"

>> You just wish.....
>>
>> IMHE, The LEC will change the SPID's on an announced day.

> And tell your lec to NOT use the area code in the SPID. I'm glad GTE
> doesn't do that since I'm in the middle of a split now.

No longer true around here (east of downtown LA [Matt's former
stomping grounds]).  Since early this year, all new ISDN lines
I've gotten from GTE have included the area code in the SPID
no matter what kind of switch is in the serving CO.  When I
asked, I was told it's their new policy.

My company's area code (818) is splitting mid-June '97.  Oh joy.

						Lee Jones