Re: (ASCEND) P50/USR 2B aggravation

At 2:09 -0700 5/30/1997, Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:
> > I manually bring up the second B channel; I'm using MP (not MPP); the
> > minimum and maximum channel count are 2.
>
> How do you manually bring up the second B channel?  I never could find
> a way to do this outside of the MPP settings.

Sorry not to be more specific.  I have two profiles, one for a
single-channel call and another for a two-channel call.  The single channel
profile is normally the active one; if I know I'm going to do a big file
transfer, I'll manually dial the second profile (ctrl-D 2 on the
Connections page with the profile selected).

My other ISP (who is still just getting started with ISDN) claims that the
NetServer, in conjunction with a USR ISDN "modem", will do some form of
dynamic bandwidth allocation but I haven't tried that yet.  It's only been
a couple of weeks now since they got the firmware that made it so I can use
the second B channel at all reliably.

> Also, MPP has the min/max channels.  MP only has the base channel
> setting.

Yes, in the process of debugging this, I've tried both MPP and MP and in
the process confused myself.

If I hadn't typed "wandsiplay" at 14:45 into the connection I would have
caught a packet trace that would have told us which end is terminating the
connection :)

Doug

--
Doug Wyatt                      software development, Opcode Systems Inc.
work:     doug@opcode.com       http://www.opcode.com/