Re: (ASCEND) NAT on P75 for 200 workstations (yeah, really...)

At 10:30 PM 9/30/97 -0400, Patrick Lee wrote:
>At 11:21 AM 9/30/97 -0700, Kevin Smith wrote:
>> At 08:47 AM 9/30/97 -0500, ascend@digistar.com wrote:
>> >
>> >I've got a customer wanting to put 200 workstations online via a P75
>and
>> >NAT.
>>
>> Huh?
>
>Doesn't Ascend recommend only 10, maybe max of 20 workstations when
>using NAT? One of the support engineers mentioned that to me while
>helping me diagnose what seems to be a NAT problem.

There is no hard number because NAT is session-intensive...that is if just
one workstation has 10s of active TCP sessions open, it will limit the
available NAT resources to other workstations. On average use, we *suggest*
about
8 hosts.

Kevin