Re: (ASCEND) caller-id on POTS port of new P75

> From: "Derek J. Stutsman" <dereks@dallas.net>
> I'm the person that started that original thread on the Sony phone.  :)
>
> It looks like the reason it fails is because the timestamp being sent from
> the Pipeline is bogus.  I have a cheap generic CID box on it (which does
> work) and it reports 12:00 00/00 for the timestamp.  I hope Ascend is
> planning on fixing this, it really irks me that I can't use my new phone
> with it.  If my phone doesn't work, then surely many other devices also
> fail...

I suspect my problem is also timestamp related.  My caller-ID box has
no facility to manually set the time.  I found in the manual that the
internal time is set by the timestamp of the first incoming call
announcement.  My hypothesis is that the box is still waiting for a
timestamp and is, therefore, not yet open for the business of
displaying phone numbers.

I did check the make/modem of the caller-ID box:

    Bell Equipment
    Southern New England Bell
    Caller ID
    TL6186

In the back of the manual pamphlet is the address to send the unit
should it need servide.  I guess these guys are the actual
manufacturers:

    Jasco Products Co., Inc.
    311 N.W. 122nd St.
    Oklahoma City, OK 73114

Didn't somebody mention that some engineering department within Ascend
wanted to be notified of CLID incompatibilities?  How do you notify
these folks, just place a bug report per usual?

--
Earl Barfield  --  Operations Department / Information Technology
Internet: Earl.Barfield@oit.gatech.edu    earl@prism.gatech.edu