(ASCEND) Problem with telnet and firewall

I have a pipe 75 (5.0B) with the firewall enabled.  Under the firewall
setup for telnet sessions, both inbound and outbound sessions are allowed
from anywhere to anywhere.

If I telnet from the outside world to the p75, I get the login prompt for
the p75.

If I telnet from the outside world to the IP address of a Unix box inside
the firewall, I get the login prompt for.... the pipe 75. <scream>

If I telnet from the inside to the IP addresses of the p75 and the Unix
box, everything works as expected.

I have also, from outside the firewall, started a telnet session to an
IPaddress inside the firewall to a system not running telnetd, and the
session times out. (The p75 doesn't grab the session)

Any ideas on this?

Frank