Re: (ASCEND) LAN security error

At 07:34 PM 10/2/97 -0400, Beth Morgan wrote:
>Hi -
>
>I have just ONE customer who's unable to connect to my Max 2024, although
>he successfully connects to the Portmasters without incident.  He's using
>Win95 DUN.  The message I see on the console while the Max is disconnecting
>is "Lan security error."  Does anyone know why he (and nobody else) is
>getting this error?  What weird little thing in his Win95 machine could be
>causing this?  Any ideas will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Beth

Seems that if they specify an IP address for themselves in DUN, it causes
that "LAN SECURITY ERROR".

AYK, people tend to do all kinds of things like put your DNS server or
gateway IP as their own IP...

Even if you intentionally want to assign a static IP, it should work fine
if he just leaves his DUN set to accept the server assigned IP; he'll get
what you assign.

Joseph