(ASCEND) T1 problems with Pipeline 130 and 5.1a

So we have this wonderful Pipeline 130 which has been doing great with ISDN.
We finally have received a working T1 line (a nightmare that I won't relate
here), but unfortunately the 130 doesn't appear to be working with it. When
we plug in a borrowed Digital Link Prelude CSU/DSU in place of the 130, the
line checks out fine from the provider, but when we swap back in the
Pipeline 130, the 130 shows a "blue" signal and the line tests bad. We've
checked the configuration several times and it matches the Compatible
Systems T1 router at the other end. Anyway, we shouldn't be seeing a blue
signal anyway unless something else is wrong if I understand correctly.

We're using version 5.1a of the software. Are there any problems with that
rev in particular? Can anyone think of anything else we should check for?

Thanks in advance.

pete@ebay.com