Re: (ASCEND) 56K problems

On Sat, 4 Oct 1997, posix wrote:

> Since upgrading our ascend's to 56k cards and ap23+, UMC based modems can no longer connect to our
> service, and USR modems can not negotiate v.34+ connections.

This may be due to the v.8bis tone that 56kFlex generates.  Try adding
commas (,,,,) after the dial string to force the modem to not try to
detect carrier till after this tone passes.

> Also some USR have had problems connecting period, not just with v.34+.

Try disabling X2 mode on the USR if it's an X2 and also try to disable
v42.bis, last I heard USR's v.42bis was broken.

Paul.

--
Paul Monaghan (PM1819, paulm@ican.net)
Technical Team Leader - Internet - ACC Telenterprises Ltd.