(ASCEND) Re: sigh (bitching)

        Michael Behrens wrote:

> Ok, bitch number #1, how many god damned times does ascend take
> information about me, and my company?

        and William Bauer added:

>So other people out there are going through this too!  Ascend wants
>me to believe that it's just me.

        Well, shucks guys - Ascend HAS a nifty "site id" or "customer
        id" or some such thing that allows you to give them a simple
        number up front, and avoid the game of 20 questions.

        I dunno what it is called, but my number is "37229", and it
        identifies me to Ascend every time.  Try it - tell them
        you are "site number 37229" and they will say "How may I help
        you, Dr. Fischer?" in less than 10 seconds.  THEN you can explain
        to them that you really are not me, but that you would like to
        know what YOUR secret number is.

        Ascend may in fact have a lousy database, but I would say
        that it is quicker/easier to get through to an Ascend tech
        than it is to get through to a (for example) Cisco tech.

 Surfing the electromagnetic spectrum, looking for that perfect Hertzian wave

james fischer                                jfischer@supercollider.com