(ASCEND) Well, we're doing it.

We have 3 CT1s on a MAX 4000 with 5.0Ap23 and 72 K56 modems (full
complement of 12's).

Working OK for several days now; we turned the last T1 up on Thursday
last week.

However.....EVERYONE'S connect speed has dropped. Even if they get
the OTHER max (48 K56 modems) on the same roll-over. While I live
so far out in the boonies that I've never connected at a K56 speed,
and rarely gotten above 28.8, I was recently connected at a whopping
19.2- and I redialed 5 times and got the same thing.

Resetting the fully-loaded Maxen (and pissing off 60+ users) and dial-
ing back in, I got in at 24.0; which is a little below typical for out
here.

Since the problem shows up on both Maxen, I suspect the telco is
running out of circuits and muxing like mad. Anyone concur, or am I
missing something? If it ain't the telco, what can I do? The problem
is repeatable at will.

'Shot