Re: Cannot Hangup/Always Busy (Re: (ASCEND) Pipeline 75 dying?)

Matt Holdrege wrote:
> At 08:39 PM 10/6/97 -0400, Edwin Yeh wrote:
> >I had a new P75 (S/N: 72xxxx) and I seemed to have the same problem.
> >In fact, even if I force it to Hang Up via CTRL-D. It will dial
> >right back to the ISP.
> >>1)    The unit just plain refuses to idle hang up anymore, I have idle
> >>setup at 180 and it used to work perfectly until about a month ago, now
> >>it will not log itself off, period.
> >
> >I thought it was due to the recent installation of "IE4.0" with Active
> >Desktop. I was speculating that somehow the workstations were
> >sending packets with outbound addresses and therefore causing
> >the connection to be persistent. If this was so, perhaps, there's
> >a way to "FILTER" out those packets? Anyone know what "broadcasting"
> >packets, IE4.0 is sending every 10 seconds or so?
>
> My method is to turn off all Microsoft protocols in the NT or W95 network
> setup. I only have TCP/IP enabled.
>
> However, if you must have Netbeui, IPX or Netbios you can find out through
> debug or a packet sniffer what packet is keeping the line up and set a call
> filter for it.
>
> Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  matt@ascend.com

Well, I checked, and I only have TCP/IP enabled.  I have NOT installed
IE 4.0 (I hate IE) and I have not changed anything, in fact I am 100%
positive this non-hanging up problem started back when I was still using
5.0 ...  Anyone have any ideas?  Having to telnet to the Pipe and
manually hang up everytime is getting REAL old.

Bob