RE: (ASCEND) strange occasional network lag with MAX 4000

We were getting this same problem.  Great pings dropping to horrible for 4 or 5
packets and
then clearing up again.  We were have some nasty packet loss for our dial-up
users and then Wolfe
suggested turning RIP off on our dial-up boxes.  This seemed to solve both
problems.  Although I don't
know how this might affect us in the future.

-Kevin McKee-