(ASCEND) ap27 and 33.6 disconnects

I loaded ap27 onto our Max4000 over the weekend up from ap16 and most
things are running smoothly.  The problem that we *are* encountering is
users with non-name brand modems (i.e. - modemmaster6000) running at
33.6 cannot connect properly.

For instance, one user I have tries 4 or 5 times and can't connect.  The
6th time he tries he connects, but only at 1200 baud.  He connected fine
with ap16 ever time at 33.6.

Is this just a wierd coincidence or has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.
--
---
Glenn Howard