(ASCEND) RE: Can't Get 56kbps connect speeds on MAX 4060

Kevin,

We still cannot get any connect speed higher than 33.6 kbps.

Here are more of the details you requested:

1. The MAX 4060 is located in Singapore, has an E-1-based PRI line.

2. The Xircom 56 kbps PC card modems are using firmware rev 1.02. The
Psion Dacom PC card modem also has their latest firmware rev.

3. We upgraded the MAX 4060 to 5.0Ap27 from 5.0Ap24 - this re-introduced
the BUSY signal problems we were having with 5.0Ap11. Basically, the MAX
sends back busy tones to any analog dialer even when the entire PRI has
all channels available and all modem ports are available. After several
cold and warm resets and "physical re-seating" of the WAN cable, the
busy tones disappeared but still recur intermittently.

4. If you think there are particular modem strings for each of these
modems that will fix the problem, then PLEASE provide them to us. Also,
it would be VERY helpful if these were documented on your Web site!

Thanks.

Vik Davar