(ASCEND) P75 -> Max : CL OK c=47?

Hi, we have an ISDN user with a P75, dialling in to our MAX 4000
Load: eb.m40 Revision: 5.0Ap13.

I don't know that much about p75s ... When he dials in we see
64k MP -> 64k PPP -> disconnect with code 47. It's getting his
username ok and presumably password is ok. Code 47 is what we see
when a DUN user has no tcp/ip installed (the code translates as
"Closing LCP because no NCPs were opened")

We have MP and MPP turned off here ... he's dialling in to a single
MAX ... He's got NAT turned off - we're planning to enable it when we can
get the conection up)

Can anyone can give me even half a clue as to why this is happening ?

His P75 is as follows (sorry for excess detail, but I'm not sure exactly what's
relevant ...)

P75-1SBRI load b.p75 version 5.0A

connection nwnet:
   Active=Yes
   Encaps=PPP
   Dial #=  (our ISDN number)
   Calling #=
   Called #=
   Route IP=Yes
   Route IPX=N/A
   Bridge=N/A
   Dial Brdcast=N/A

(nwnet) Encaps Options:
   Send Auth=PAP  <-- this is correct
   Send PW=*******
   Recv PW=N/A
   MRU=1524
   LQM=No
   LQM Min=600
   LQM Max=600
   Link Comp=None
   VJ Com=No

Ip Options:
   LAN Adrs=0.0.0.0/0
   WAN Alias=0.0.0.0
   IF Adrs=0.0.0.0/0
   Preference=100
   Metric=7
   Private=No
   RIP=Off
   [...]

IPX Options all = N/A

Session Options
   Data Filter=0
   Call Filter=0
   Filter Persistence=No
   Idle=15
   Preempt=60
   IPX SAP Filter=0
   Backup=
   Secondary=

 Telco options...
  AnsOrig=Ans Only
  Callback=No
  Exp Callback=No
  Call Type=Switched
  Group=N/A
  FT1 Caller=N/A
  Data Svc=64K
  Force 56=No
  Bill #=
  Transit #=

Answer -> PPP Options

   Route IP=Yes
   Route IPX=N/A
   Bridge=N/A
   Recv Auth=NONE
   MRU=1524
   LQM=No
   LQM Min=600
   LQM Max=600
   Link Comp=None
   VJ Comp=No
   BACP=No
   Dyn Alg=Quadratic  <<-- seems to indicate mpp is turned on somewhere ..?
    [...]

Configure ...

  Switch Type=UK
  Chan Usage=Switch/Switch
  My Num A=
  My Num B=
  SPID 1=N/A
  SPID 2=N/A
  Data Usage=A
  Phone 1 Usage=None
  Phone 2 Usage=None
  Phone Num Binding=N/A
  My Name=<login name>
  My Addr=(his local IP address - I've suggested he make it 192.168. ...)
  Rem Name=nwnet
  Rem Addr=(address/subnet of our MAX)
  Dial #=(our ISDN number)
  Route=IP