Re: (ASCEND) Time out on Analog calls (3 minutes)

> My analog users are connecting and being dropped after about 3-5 minutes.

A good starting place to find out is to check the RADIUS accounting details
file.  What is the value reported for the Ascend-Disconnect-Cause attribute?
This will tell if the problem is the idle timer or something completely
different.

> I am running 5.0Ap27 I was running 5.0Ap13 and having the same issues.
> Is there a time on besides Idle timeout on the Max4004's?
>
> I am also using radius and have no Idle timers set.

When you say you have no idle timers set, are you referring to the RADIUS
profiles for the users or the MAX Answer profile?  Keep in mind that if
you do not include a parameter in the RADIUS profile for the user, this
does not mean that MAX will clear the value -- it means that the parameter
will be set to the default value - either the value defined in the Answer
profile on the MAX or the "factory" default value (in the case of
Ethernet->Answer->Session Options->Idle this is 120).  If you want to make
sure the idle timer is cleared you need to include the attribute (in this
case Ascend-Idle-Limit) in the RADIUS profile with an appropriate value
(in this case a value of zero).  e.g., Ascend-Idle-Limit = 0

For example:

user-foo Password = "secret-value"
         Service-Type = Framed,
         Framed-Protocol = PPP,