(ASCEND) Re: ascend-users-digest V96 #845

> From: s k e l e m <skelem@shebeen.com>
>
> I have a pipeline75 (a new one).  I would like it to open a second b
> channel whenever the
> usuage rate spikes over say 50%. Then I would like this channel to stay up
> for at least 15 or some minutes afterwards.  All my messing around with
> the dynamic bandwith settings don't seem have have an effect. It only opens
> the second channel after being pegged at 90%+ for a bit then drops the
> second channel immediately after
> the bandwith drops again.  Anyone got any ideas? I would like to keep one
> channel always open and the other to
> open when I am actively computing and have it stick around for a few ..

CHeck the reference guide for "Sec History", "Add Pers", "Sub Pers",
and "Target Util".  You'll find these paramaters under
Ethernet -> Connections -> <connection name> -> Encaps Options

I think you want : Target Util=50
                   Sub Pers=900

--
Earl Barfield  --  Operations Department / Information Technology
Internet: Earl.Barfield@oit.gatech.edu    earl@prism.gatech.edu