Re: (ASCEND) Ascend Access Control RADIUS <--> Kerberos

> I have the Access Control version of the RADIUS server (version 1.0Ai7)
> on a Solaris 2.5.1 machine and I'm trying to get it to authenticate against
> an AFS-style Kerberis v4 server.
>
> When I test with radpwtst, I can see a KDC request go out to the
> right place (/etc/krb.conf has been set up), and a non-error KDC
> reply come back. The unencrypted part of the reply looks good, but
> radpwtst always reports an authentication failure.

What does radiusd report in the logfile?  You might trying running radiusd
in debug mode (add "-x -x" to the command line) and checking the messages
in the radius.debug.

> Trying MIT-KRB in place of AFS-KRB changes nothing.

MIT-KRB will definitely fail for a real AFS Kerberos server.  The format of
the info in a ticket is different and you need a different passwd_to_key()
function.