Re: (ASCEND) Uh-Oh ..... ;)

Being somewhat of a technical person and a finance major, I will just add
my .02 to this discussion.  A company's stock, as well as market
conditions are driven by one thing, "Expectations".  If the public
(investors) expect a stock to go up, the demand for that stock will rise,
and so will the price, and vice versa.  Now, people's expectations
are subject to change b/c of a wide variety of variables.  Although I dont
believe this to be true in this case, it is possible for a product to
cause the price of a stock to fall. EX:

People think that a certain MAX product is flaky, and this drives their
expectations of that product's success down.  The public then thinks that
b/c of Ascends TOTAL investment in this product is high, and this product
is unsuccessful, they expect the company to do bad.  The demand for
Ascend's stock will fall, b/c people EXPECT the company to do bad.
Falling demand results in the falling of the stocks's price.

The above example is hypothetical...although it is possible for that to
happen  :)

Rob

Icanect System Administration