Re: (ASCEND) Uh-Oh ..... ;)

At 04:34 PM 10/18/97 -0400, Alex P wrote:
>I thik it's all very relevant, especially to us geeks to have to make
>decisions as to which products we are going to install, and back.  You
>see, when you are deciding where to spend upwards of couple of million
>dollars on a product, and you need to convience management as to the
>merits of your choices, you need more than techspeak to back yourself up.

You bring up a very good point. As customers, you should take into account
the fiscal health of the vendor you choose. However, it would be quite
foolish to make judgements based on what you read in this list. TALK TO A
STOCK BROKER OR ANALYST!!! Talk to several to get a broad opinion. They at
least have a clue about the fiscal health of a company. They have at their
fingertips a wealth of information about Ascend and the experience to sort
that information out.

Sure the TNT is very important to Ascend and we think it is doing quite
well. As others have pointed out though, we have a lot of other products
from the GRF to the BSTDX-9000, etc, etc.

Matt Holdrege  -  http://www.ascend.com  -  matt@ascend.com