Re: (ASCEND) Ascend Access Control RADIUS <--> Kerberos

> But remember -- I know the correct key, since it's a function of my
> password and realm. I *could* cook up a program to decrypt the
> returned packet, and have actually begun such a program, but what
> will I learn?

While that might be useful - Ascend could compare the code in radiusd
with your code - it seems a little bit extreme at this point.  I would
instead recommend you start with the assumption that the code is okay
but that something in your environment is different from theirs.

Solaris comes with Kerberos libraries.  I assume that AFS also comes
with libraries.  Did the AFS libraries replace the Solaris libraries?
Check to see which library radiusd is using (use "ldd").  I assume that
you have "kinit".  Does "kinit" report a problem?  If not, try to see
which library it is using.  You might try using LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
cause radiusd to use the other library if both are present.