Re: (ASCEND) The USR Total control chassis

> On Mon, 20 Oct 1997, Phillip Vandry wrote:
> > A message was posted about a month ago about an incompatibility between
> > the USR Total Control Hub and Ascend radiusd.
> >
> > I tracked this problem and found that the USR sends all zeroes for the
> > RADIUS authentication vector when doing accounting, even if you set a key.
>
> I'm seeing the same thing with our USR TCs.  What version of ascendd are
> you using?  The one I have is very old, and is based on 960919.

I recently solved this problem with the help of Josh Bailey
<josh@actrix.gen.nz> and USR. You need to be running Termserver code
3.5.34, and then do "set acct_authchk on".

You can note the current setting of this option in the "sh global" output:

  Extd. IPXCP Opts: OFF        Acct AuthChk: ON           Send DNS info: ON

The default, OFF, is **BAD**! (Why is it the default?)

-Phil