Re: (ASCEND) RADIUS authernate servers sequence

> How can I know how the MAX4060 handles alternate RADIUS servers?

By reading the documentation [see below] or by experimentation.

> I am asking because I need to know what happens when the first RADIUS
> come back to life after a downtime. Does the MAX goes back the the
> first server or does it keep on the second server until it stops to
> answer?

No, the MAX will continue to use the second server.  By default, a MAX
does not try to switch to an alternate unless a request to the current
server times out.

Switching a MAX back to the first server is covered in the documentation.
Check your MAX RADIUS Configuration Guide in the MAX documenation set.

[Hopefully Ascend will see this as a fair-use...]

 Using SNMP to specify the primary accounting server

 By default, if the MAX uses a secondary RADIUS accounting server because
 the primary one goes out of service, the MAX does not use the first host
 until the second machine fails. This situation occurs even if the first
 host has come online while the second host is still servicing requests.
 However, you can use an SNMP set command to specify that the MAX use the
 first host again. Such a need might arise if the primary server is shut
 down for service and then becomes available again.

 These MIB objects support changing the current RADIUS accounting server:

     radAcctCurrentServerFlag OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX               INTEGER {
                                 invalid(1),
                                 current(2)
                             }
        ACCESS               read-write
        STATUS               mandatory
        DESCRIPTION          "Value indicates whether this entry is the current
                              accounting server or not. Writing a value
                              will cause the current server to be reset."
        ::= { radiusAcctStatsEntry 7 }