Re: (ASCEND) Max Stacking and Multi-logins

> I was wondering if the following would work to prevent people from
> connecting multiple times to our maxen.
>
> We use Radius to authenticate our users and one of the Radius attributes
> I use on our default user profile is Ascend-Maximum-Channels = 1. This
> works well to deny multiple logins on the same chassis. What I was
> wondering was a) Is Max stacking working OK in the current releases
> (ap27) and b) If our maxen are stacked, and someone tries to bring up
> another session (ie multiple login) on a different chassis will the Maxen
> look at the radius attribute and see that only 1 channel is allowed for
> that user and not allow the logon?

*NOTE* that Ascend-Maximum-Channels has nothing to do with the maximum
number of sessions. It is only the maximum number of channels for EACH
session.

Multiple sessions by the same user on a single Max can be controlled via the
Shared Prof=Yes/No configuration setting.

For controlling this over multiple units, you need a RADIUS daemon that has
this feature.

-Phil