Re: (ASCEND) Max Stacking and Multi-logins

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Phillip Vandry wrote:

> Multiple sessions by the same user on a single Max can be controlled via the
> Shared Prof=Yes/No configuration setting.
>
> For controlling this over multiple units, you need a RADIUS daemon that has
> this feature.

Which has some pretty sizable drawbacks and, AFAICS, will NOT work if you
do accounting and auth on different boxes, like we do.

I put in a feature request to have stacked Maxen able to propagate the
Shared Profiles setting to the stack so that Joe User can't have
connections to every Max in the stack.  Haven't seen anything yet, but
hope springs eternal.

		Dale