From: Kevin Smith <kevin@ascend.com>
To: ascend-users@max.bungi.com
Subject: Re: (ASCEND) Advantage Services Contract?
Date: Tuesday, October 21, 1997 1:50 PM

At 11:16 AM 10/21/97 -0400, Stephen K. Rhoads wrote:
>What is the relation between an "Advantage Services" contract and the
>"Basic Remote" and "Premium Remote" support.
>
>I purchased Premium Remote for my Max4000 in order to get advance
>replacement, 24/7 technical support and access to higher-level support
>technicians.  When I call 800-Ascend4, I only have access to
>run-of-the-mill tech support!  What is an Advantage Services contract?????

Check out -

http://www.ascend.com/1823.html

It mentions the various options of the Advantage Services contacts. The
Remote
services section relates:

Remote Support Solutions

Companies equipped to handle their own maintenance can select:

•Extended Warranty: Extension of standard 90-day warranty including 12
months
of "as available" phone support, overnight replacement of failed parts and
software maintenance

•Basic Service: Toll-free priority telephone support between 6:00 A.M. to
6:00
P.M. Pacific Time, Monday through Friday; overnight advance replacement of
failed parts, software maintenance and updates

•Premium Service: All of the features of Basic Service plus 24 hours per
day, 7
days per week access to priority telephone support

Kevin