Re: (ASCEND) The MAX TNT

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, Josh Bailey wrote:

> As for modem connectivity, our testing shows it's considerably worse than
> the Max. If you don't have a USR modem, don't expect a good connect speed.
>
> The Max sure isn't perfect, and the TNT is worse. But that doesn't seem to
> make other manufacturers angels...

Does anybody have any experience witht the Livingston PM3 vs the MAX40xx.
I would love to hear any pros or cons. We tested this box a few months
back and they seem to performed fine, but did not get a chance to test
them under heavy conditions. However, we did find that at the time
they did not support MPP so dynamic bandwidth was out of the question.
This ruled them out for us since we have lots of customers that use this
feature. However, I understand that they are currently working on BACP
which will solve the problems of MPP. Any info on it will be appreciated
since it appears that the Ascend problems problems are not getting fixed.

George

		B A Y   A R E A   I N T E R N E T   S O L U T I O N S

George E. Navas   		navas@bayarea.net
Voice: (408)260-5000  		Fax:(408)260-5003 	http://www.bayarea.net