(ASCEND) IP Pool leak in a Max2000 (5.0A)

Will upgrading to 5.0Ap27 fix this IP pool leak problem.

We have a Max2000 (5.0A) with an IP pool of 20 addresses.  This Max has been
running for several months with no problems.

However just recently users have begun receiving the error "Could not
establish a compatible set of protocols" from Win95.  When the user
specifies their own IP address, they can connect just fine, but the Max will
not assign one to them until it is reset.

I believe I have tracked the culprit to the IP pool.  It is currently set
for 20 addresses, which is more than enough, considering that I only have 1
PRI into the box and only 1 DM-12, and never really use more than about 4
ports at one time..So anyway, I have noticed now that even when I don't have
anyone dialed in I have addresses out of the pool in use.  For example, I
currently have only two (2) users dialed in, a SHOW POOLS command reports

ascend% show pools
Pool#                Base            Count      InUse
   1             xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx     20         11
 Number of remaining allocated addresses:    0
ascend% show modems
slot:item    modem    status
   2:1         1      idle
   2:2         2      idle
   2:3         3      idle
   2:4         4      idle
   2:5         5      idle
   2:6         6      idle
   2:7         7      online
   2:8         8      idle
   2:9         9      online
   2:10        10      idle
   2:11        11      idle
   2:12        12      idle
ascend%

This says I have 11 addresses in use out of my pool of 20, by Noon tomorrow
I will have 20 in use, and the Max will stop assigning addresses and I will
have to reset it.  Also what does the # of remaining allocated addresses:  0
mean...?????

I think this thread has been discussed before but I can't find it, sorry.

I am considering upgrading to 5.0Ap27 if that will fix this problem....???

Your feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

______________________________________

Alex Simpson
Director of Technical Services
NetSolutions Corp