Re: (ASCEND) Pipeline 75 and Win95 (OSR2) configurations for use connecting to ISP(s).

The network information you request would be provided to you by your ISP.
Typical things to ask them for would be a subnet (which should give you
subnet mask, gateway, and ips for your NICs).  I'd start talking to your
ISP before bringing problems like this to the list. :)

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Stephen O. Brumbelow wrote:

> I have a new P75 with the latest firmware and the latest Java configurator.
>
> I am currently able to use the Pipeline Monitor (PM) to connect to an ISP.
>
> I have these problems:
>
> 1.  I can not get IE or other TCP/IP programs to access the internet via
> the P75 even after making a connection with the PM.
>
> 2.  I can not get the P75 to dial out based on TCP/IP program requests.
> I realize that both of these probably have a common cause.
>
> 3.  'How-To' documentation from different sources, and sometimes from
> the same source, is inconsistent.
>
> I need:
>
> 1.  Directions indicating what entries should be made on which property
> sheet pages for the NIC (IP Address, Gateway, DNS Configuration, etc.).
>
> 2.  Similar information for the P75.  Also, I need to know if there is a way
> to specify different user names for different connections (to different ISPs).
>
> I appreciate any responses.
>
> Steve Brumbelow
>
> P.S.:  Change the x to an s to respond to me personally.

Joseph Hickman
  Director of Network Operations / System Administration
  josephh@psn.net