Re: (ASCEND) Pipe 75 TFTP Problems

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Clifford Donley wrote:

> As the new loads for the Pipes are approaching the limit for thin loads, I
> thought It was time to learn to use the TFTP process. No luck -- get the
> below output from the Pipe:

Your doing it backwards.  You don't FTP the load TO the Pipeline, you TFTP
it FROM your server AT the Pipeline.  Login to your Pipeline, get full
access and go into Diag mode (ESC[ESC- I believe, or ^Dd)  Then from that
prompt first tsave your config to the server with the command:

tsave -am <host ip here> <filename already existing on tftp server>

ie:

tsave -am 192.168.0.1 pipe75.config

Then tload your config from the TFTP server:

ie:

tload 192.168.0.1 b2.p75

You'll get a message saying it's loading and a bunch of ......'s indicating
progress.  Then you'll get the '>' prompt back.  At that prompt enter the
'nv' command to reset and load the new software.

PLEASE NOTE: With the TFTP server, the files MUST ALREADY EXIST AND BE IN
THE DIRECTORY THAT THE TFTP SERVER PLACES/GETS FILES FROM.  On a Unix server
they must be mode '666' and the tftp dir must be mode '777' or else it will
not work properly.  No idea how the NT servers work.  Hope this helps!