Re: (ASCEND) TNT 1.3Ap13

At 09:13 PM 10/23/97 -0400, Jason Nealis wrote:

>On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Phillip Vandry wrote:
>
>> > TR#    Description

>> [...]
>> > 2630   Some V.32bis modems had difficulty connecting to 56K modems due to
>> > V.8bis tone.
>>
>> I'm curious - how was this fixed? By removing the V.8bis tone?
>
> Interesting, This has been a major problem for us with the K56
>cards, The older V.34 modems, (Mainly 14.4)

I thought that was V.32(bis?).

>have taken this V.8Bis
>tone (I call it the K56 Burp Tone) they fail handshaking because of
>this.

Supposedly Rockwell claim this is a bug in the 14.4 modems....they
should handle this tone....I wonder if there's anything in the V.xx
specs that cover this....any modem guru's out there (so I don't
have to bug the Rockwell guys again ;)

> Ascends only solution as of 2 days ago was to have the user enter
>in enought commas in the dial string to delay the modem enough so
>it would get past the two tone burst.

I believe that's going to be it for a while too.

I wonder if the ITU-T spec will require the V.8bis tone...... ;)

Kevin