Re: (ASCEND) TNT T1 Termination

At 10:13 AM 10/28/97 -0600, Scott R. Chrestman wrote:
>We have a client who is wanting to connect to us via a dedicated T1.  For
>his end, he wants to use a Cisco 2501, and an Adtrans CSU/DSU.  When we
>have done this before, we simply put the same equipment on both ends, and
>never had a problem.  Is there a way to terminate the T1 on our end
>straight into our TNT?

Yes.

>For some reason I thought this was possible, but
>can not find any documentation on this subject.

Do you have the TNT documentation ? Have you tried the WEB site ?

>On the Cisco side, I can
>specify an IP address for the serial interface, but cannot figure out how
>to IP the WAN port on the TNT.  Is anybody doing this?  Can this be done?

I saw another reply that gives some more details....thanks Tim ;)

> Tried calling Ascend Tech. Support on this yesterday, and to my amazement,
>I was directed to a 1-900 number.

Actually, the 800 number now *offers* an alternative way to get priority
service when you DO NOT have an Advantage Services contract (the 900 number).
You can still use the 800 number for free access to support, and contract
access.

We've added an option.

>Ascend never ceases to amaze me.

Did you talk to TAC then ?