Re: (ASCEND) Dual analog lines

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, John Keown wrote:

> Trying to get a users to connect with two analog modems. The first users
> is authenicated and logon. The second user is connected and disconnected
> immediately. No bonding appears to occur. We have hundreds of 128k isdn
> users and have no problem.
>
> The customer is running windows nt 4.0 service pack 3. All else seems to
> be ok. Had one other customer try before with 2 28k modems also to
> avail. Have radius and assigned mpp protocol.
>

> Anybody know what I am missing. Great way for ISP to make money with 2
> 56k modems and auto reconnect. Beats isdn business rates. Performance
> almost that of 128k isdn.
> John Keown

 Not really, No-One will ever really achieve a 56K connection, Unless they
live in happy happy land where everything is perfect, I'd say the best you
would get is around 50K for a reliable connection, Then there is the
upstream connection which is never above 33.6.

 ISDN is a true 128K upsteam/downstream connection.

Jason Nealis