Re: (ASCEND) Terminate After Selected Time!!!!!

At 11:12 PM 10/30/97 -0500, NETinc Technical Support wrote:
>Good Day,
>
>We have three maxes, 4000 and 4048, software 5.0 Ap24...
>I would like to set up the maxes so that a login session could only
>last, say 5 hours. At which time the user is terminated and he should be
>able to log back on for another, say 5 hour session.

This is (I admit) an area of confusion for me :)....there appear to be
two different parameters which have the same function:

ATTRIBUTE Ascend-Maximum-Time      194   integer          (seconds)
ATTRIBUTE Ascend-Maximum-Call-Duration   125  integer     (minutes)

I suspect that we were planning on dropping the "Ascend-Maximum-Time"
parameter
since the units measured in seconds was less useful...but for backwards
compatibility they both still exist.

Depending on which document you read, typically one or the other is mentioned
but not both (maybe because of the redundancy). Anyway from what I've read
from TAC, they both work just fine per the documentation - so pick whichever
one is in the documentation that you have.

Also, note that on the MAX - the equivalent is:

Under Ethernet -> Connections -> Session Options ->  Max Call Duration
and     Ethernet -> Answer -> Session Options -> Max Call Duration

This parameter is measured in minutes.

Kevin