Re: (ASCEND) MAX4000: no trunk available

Olivier Lesourd wrote:

> Elmar Haag wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > ever seen anything like this:
> >
> > Jul 30 09:57:02 dialnsu1.audi.de ASCEND: slot 0 port 0, line 1, channel 0,
> > Trunk Down
> > Jul 30 09:57:03 dialnsu1.audi.de ASCEND: slot 0 port 0, line 1, channel 0,
> > Trunk  Up
> > Jul 30 09:57:03 dialnsu1.audi.de ASCEND: slot 0 port 0, line 1, channel 0,
> > Trunk  Down
>
> We too have seen this 2 days ago on 2 MAX 4000 simultaneously
>
> Any idea ?
>
> --

We also had this problem on August 22 - 24. We called Pacific Bell, our
PRI provider, and they tested the PRI's and found no problems. We
reported the problem to Ascend technical support as well, and they asked
us to send them our syslogs for examination...we have not heard back
from them since. At exactly 3:45P on Aug. 24th, the problem 'magically'
went away... that is, we did absolutely nothing to our MAX to correct
the problem, but it stopped posting the trunk up/down messages.
Curiously, the problem has not manifested itself since...go figure.

Kim W. Premuda
FastWave Internet Services
San Diego, CA