Re: (ASCEND) Re: Re: OSPF question

>I really hope this helps. I was in utter hell when my Maxen were rebooting
>themselves. There's pretty much nothing worse in this business.

Sure there is.  It's when the damn thing decides its *tired* of routing all
this data, and just stops until someone ELSE reboots it.  At least when
it's rebooting itself, its not requiring human intervention.

On that note, the OSPF failure would be a lot less annoying if there was
anyone have it monitored.  We have automatic monitors on every machine on
our network and know within 2 minutes if anything goes down, but when a MAX
stops routing, we don't know until a customer complains or we do a manual
check of each one.

Rob Wynne
Technical Coordinator
ISP Alliance, Inc.