(ASCEND) MAX 4000 killed by 5.0Ap16

Just wondering if that had happened to anyone else?  I upgraded (per
Ascend's intruction) my MAX 4000 (6 K56Flex cards @8 port density, 2 PRI,
IP only) from p13 to p16 and all hell broke loose.  Upon repeated boots
the box would either come up with some modem cards listed as "not
available" or would not boot all together.

Ascend said is was definitely not the software upgrade, and that I had a
blown modem card, but I downgraded anyways and all is fine once again.
Anyone else had this happen?  If your machine is the same as mine, take
heed...

-Scott