Re: (ASCEND) MAX 4000 + 56K modem cards = fire

 Ascend has taken steps to improve the cooling through a box, The older
MAX's have only 2 outake fans, (Which are the old sleave bearing fans)
they redesigned the box in the latter part of last year and tossed in an
additional third outake fan, (also are now using ball bearing type fans
now). Also they inverted the power-supply. To stop heat from escaping the
box and getting sucked back in by the intake fan.

A MAX 4xxx w/ K56 Cards will run considerbly cooler than a box w/ V.34
cards.

Jason Nealis
Erols Internet