Re: (ASCEND) Ascend Patch 5.0ap23?

MAX's running 5.0ap23 will sometimes send this type of accounting data
to the radius accounting server.

Sat Sep  6 04:03:04 1997
User-Name="usastats"
NAS-Identifier=206.161.74.35
NAS-Port=10107
Acct-Status-Type=Start
Acct-Delay-Time=0
Acct-Session-Id="240383234"
Acct-Authentic=RADIUS
Caller-Id="XXXX698032"       <-------- I DiD That.
Client-Port-DNIS="4107201031"
Framed-Protocol=PPP
Framed-Address=0.0.0.0   <---- PROBLEM! This is the BUG

The accounting data records 0.0.0.0 as the I.P. address assigned to that
users, (So this pretty much won't allow you track down abusive users) You
will not be able to match user to ip.

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Sajari wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> > We've done this several times in the past. There is precedence when it is
> > possible that the software could be harmful to operations. Folks who do
> > billing based on radius accounting could possibly be affected.

How? I don't see how they are affected, There is still and Start and Stop
recorded for each users, (And that is what ISP's bill on) This only
problem that I can see is that you can not track down abusive users.

Jason Nealis
Director Internet Operations
Network Access
Erols Internet